- All types of applications to the UKBA.
- All types of Appeal hearings.
- Indefinite Leave to Remain.
- British Citizenship.
- Bail Applications.
- Asylum and Human Rights.
- European Law.
- Litigation before the immigration tribunal and higher courts.
- Business immigration (business people, working in the UK under Tiers 1, Tier 2 and 5 of the Points Based System).
- Application for Employer’s Licence.
- Applications for businesses wanting to employ overseas nationals.
- Applications for Entrepreneurs and Investors under Tier 1 of the Points Based System.
- European Union migration — countries covered by European Economic Area (EEA) migration, including Turkey and Family Permits.
- Family reunion for spouse visa, civil partners , co-habitees, children, adult dependent relatives and other relatives.
- Applications for students under Tier 4 of the Points Based System.
- Removal or deportation.
- Applications outside the usual Immigration Rules under UK Border Agency policies and concessions, and for the exercise of discretion.
- Immigration audit for people who want to check their status and prepare for the future.
- Asylum and Human Rights Act applications.
- Citizenship & nationality, including applications for the exercise of discretion
- Applications outside the immigration rules.
- Any other Immigration problem.
All types of applications to the UKBA
Buckingham Legal Associates is able to assist clients with any type of application which may require expert legal assistance. Contact us today for us to undertake an expert assessment of your circumstances and to discuss all viable options available to you.
Asylum and Human Rights
Buckingham Legal Associates are able to assist in any aspect of asylum and human rights application. We will first take instructions from you and guide you through the asylum process including:
- the Screening Interview;
- The Substantive Interview – we can also attend with you, should you instruct us separately, to represent you to ensure that your interview is conducted lawfully and appropriate notes have been recorded to avoid any issues with credibility;
- Draft further representations for you subsequent to your interview and provide further evidence including country of origin reports and research about your asylum claim;
- Advise you in relation to an asylum decision and conduct a merits assessment upon any refusal.
We will also represent you at the appeal stage also including:
- Prepare grounds of appeal;
- Lodge your appeal based on lawful reasons;
- Draft witness statements;
- Draft a skeleton argument;
- Conduct extensive research into your asylum claim;
- Prepare a bundle for the Tribunal
- Represent you at the appeal hearing.
If you or a family member are detained within the Detained Asylum Casework (DAC) process, we will be able to assist you on an urgent basis. We can make an appointment with the detention centre to seek your instructions and to discuss your case. We will then make representations to the Home Office to set out your case.
Litigation before the Immigration Tribunal and higher courts
We are able to represent you at all stages of your immigration case including representing you at the Tribunal. This means that the same caseworker who has been working on your case will also attend court to represent you at your hearing. This means that you have the best possible chance of success.
Appeal hearings can be nerve wrecking and intimidating. However, our specialists will prepare you in advance at a pre-trial conference meeting and discuss what will take place at the hearing. A well drafted witness statement (where directed) and a detailed substantive bundle of documents will be sent to the Tribunal five days in advance of the hearing. Furthermore, a detailed skeleton argument highlighting the arguments the advocate intends to submit will also accompany the bundle of papers. This means that the Immigration Judge will have a good idea of what our case is about before the appeal hearing even begins. We find that this assists in obtaining approvals at appeal hearings. We can represent you at the First Tier Tribunal or the Upper Tribunal in respect of any immigration appeal.
We do not, however, undertake Judicial Review work and can not advise or represent you in these claims.
Business immigration (business people, working in the UK under Tiers 1, 2 and 5 of the Points Based System)
We can assist you in making any application under the Points Based System. Our specialists understand the complexities of the Points Based System and can prepare an application which is unlikely to be refused.
- Take instructions from you and undertake an immigration assessment;
- Prepare your application;
- Draft representations on your behalf;
- Prepare a bundle of documents;
- Lodge the application on your behalf;
- Advise you throughout.
Applications for businesses wanting to employ overseas nationals
We can assist you employers in applying for a sponsorship licence to enable them to employ migrants in the United Kingdom.
European Union migration — countries covered by European Economic Area migration, including Turkey
We can assist you in making an application as an EEA national or a family member of an EEA national. We understand the different approach undertake in European related applications to applications under the Immigration Rules. A different and distinct set of rules and requirements are in place and we can guide you through making a successful application on this basis.
Family reunion for spouses, civil partners , co-habitees, children, elders and other relatives
We have found that although the requirements under this route appear to be rather straightforward, our clients have found the documentary requirements under a very draconian appendix called Appendix FM exceptionally difficult to comprehend. As we are experienced in undertaking an assessment of your financial circumstances, your spouses English Language ability, your relationship and your accommodation situation we can assist you with understanding whether you can make an application under this route.
In respect of the financial requirement we will be happy to liaise with your employers to prepare the documents which are required for a successful application to be made.
Applications for students under Tier 4 of the Points Based System
We can prepare an application on your behalf to either come to the United Kingdom or apply for further leave to remain as a Tier 4 Student.
Removal or deportation
If removal directions or a deportation order has been made against you we can assist in challenging the lawfulness of these decisions. If you are entitled to remain in the United Kingdom we will work endlessly to ensure that you are not removed from the United Kingdom. We understand the seriousness of these decisions and we will work hard to ensure that you and your family are not subject to any unlawful action from the Home Office.
Applications outside the usual Immigration Rules under UK Border Agency policies and concessions, and for the exercise of discretion
If you have been in the UK for some time, either having arrived illegally or if you have overstayed, we advise our clients to regularise their immigration status at the earliest time. We encourage our clients to approach the Home Office to reinitiate contact and allow the Home Office to consider the circumstances that you are faced with at this time. If you believe that the length of time you have stayed in the UK has effected your family life or private life we can present this evidence and information to the Home Office and allow them to exercise a discretion in your favour. If you have children in the UK who are British you should not delay in regularising your stay as this is something the Home Office will consider compassionately. We do not advise any clients to overstay or breach their conditions as this is something that will always affect them adversely. Contact us for further information.
Immigration audit for people who want to check their status and prepare for the future
We can conduct a full immigration assessment of your circumstances taking into account information that you may not realise can effect your immigration position. We find this truly assists our clients in making an informed decision as to what type of application to make.
Citizenship & nationality, including applications for the exercise of discretion
If you qualify for citizenship, we can assist you in making this application whether you are applying:
- Under the five year residence route;
- Under the spousal route;
- Exercise of discretion;
- As a child registering as British
We can assist you in making and submitting this application.
Adult Dependent Relative
Do you have a family member who requires full time care but it is just too expensive to arrange this from the UK? You can sponsor a parent or a grandparent to join you in the UK if it can be shown that they are financially dependent on you and they need your care and assistance.
We can prepare an application for you which will allow the Home Office to consider all aspects of your relative’s case.
Any other Immigration problem.
If the problem that you are faced with is not covering in this page, please do not hesitate to contact us as we provide immigration assistance with all aspects of immigration law.